WORKSHOP – INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
How do you achieve effective communication between the IT ‘department’ and other parts of the business?
Having the right level of communication between people in an organisation is a critical factor in the success of any business. Communication comes in many different forms, including emails, data input into company systems, formal written reports, one-on-one meetings, team meetings and casual “open plan” office chats. Effective communication is sometimes blocked because different people have different communication styles and different needs.
This half-day course in Business Communication is designed for IT Professionals who recognise the need for improved communication to other parts of the business. Focus is on getting the right information to the right people, in a way it is easily understood, without being time consuming.
Duration: Half Day
The course covers the following:
- Understand the communication styles of different personalities and the technical brain
- Learn how to avoid jargon and speak in a way that non-technical people understand
- Discover what information is critical to success
- Learn how to be heard by the right people
- Learn how to ask the right questions to obtain a clear understanding
- Discover how to improve listening skills
- Learn how to respond to others more effectively
- Understand when to use email and when to use the telephone for best results
- Learn how to write time-effective emails, reports and other written communications
- Discover easy ways of contributing to team meetings and avoid “participation stress”
- Build confidence in communicating and learn the art of proactive communication
You can view the course schedule here!
This course will be delivered by an NZTE registered training instructor who specialises in transforming technical communication. The course will introduce a number of concepts with a participative style to ensure learning is directly applied to each attendee.
At the end of the course attendees will be able to:
- Understand how to spot information that is critical to business success
- Understand the communication styles of different personalities and how best to communicate with each personality type
- Understand the technical brain and use technical strengths to communicate clearly
- Know how to communicate technical information in everyday language
- Create written communications that will be easily understood
- Understand how to utilise time effectively when communicating
- Be able to speak up and be heard when it matters
- Participate and contribute relevant information in meetings
- Build rapport with colleagues
- IT Professionals who have technical expertise that is vital to the success of the business
- Project Managers and any technical person involved in IT projects where multiple communication channels are essential to the success of the project.
Heather Grace is an experienced training facilitator and business coach who has worked in a variety of professional roles in the technology sector.
She has particular experience in running businesses involved in IT, Professional Engineering Services and the Sciences.
Originally from a technical background in the manufacturing sector, Heather has diplomas in Management and Psychology, plus 30 years experience in the business world overseas and in NZ. Her business experience includes technical sales, sales management, project management, contract management and general management roles.
Heather runs the TechBiz Success Academy, providing training and coaching in communication, technical sales and growth strategy for technical people and technical businesses.