WORKSHOP – CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION
IT Professionals contribute hugely to business performance, but it can be challenging to communicate this technical expertise to others in a confident and compelling way.
Customer focused and efficient communication is essential when working with customers who rely heavily on the solutions provided by the IT team. Getting it right means projects run smoothly and support needs are met in the most productive way.
This half day course is designed for highly skilled, tech savvy people to help them communicate more effectively with each other and to enhance their customer communication skills.
Duration: Half Day
The course covers the following:
- Understand the communication styles of different personalities and the technical brain
- Learn how to avoid jargon and speak in a way that non-technical people understand
- Learn how to be persuasive and be persuadable
- Understand how to say no
- Learn how to ask the right questions
- Discover how to improve listening skills
- Learn how to respond to others more effectively and get better responses to requests
- Understand what customer service is from the customer’s viewpoint
- Build confidence in communicating face to face with customers
- Discover how to really understand what the customer needs
This course will be delivered by an NZTE registered training instructor who specialises in transforming technical communication. The course will introduce essential communication concepts with active participation to provide an applied learning foundation for every attendee.
All attendees will be actively engaged and will have opportunities to ask questions, give feedback and share ideas.
At the end of the course attendees will be able to:
- Talk face to face with customers in a confident and compelling way
- Communicate technical information in everyday language
- Be able to speak up and be heard when it matters
- Persuade others and be persuadable
- Be prepared and feel confident during difficult discussions
- Answer questions from others smoothly and confidently
- Be confident in explaining issues and ideas to customers
- Build trust and rapport with customers
- Ensure customer expectations are managed and met
- Project Managers, developers and other technical people involved in projects where the success of the project depends on face to face communication with customers.
- Support and technical service people who work face to face with customers to resolve issues and create enhancements to existing products and services.
- Technical professionals and sales engineers involved in the pre-sales process with customers
Heather Grace is an experienced training facilitator and business coach with a track record of transforming technical communication, technical sales and technical business growth.
She has particular experience in running businesses involved in IT, Engineering and the Sciences.
Originally from a technical background herself, Heather has diplomas in Management and Psychology, plus 30 years’ experience in the business world overseas and in NZ. Her business experience includes technical sales, sales management, project management, contract management and general management roles.
Heather runs the TechBiz Success Academy, providing training and coaching in communication, technical sales and growth strategy for technical people and technical businesses.